Mifepristone & Misoprostol Tablets – MIFTY Kit
Mifty Kit Tablet belongs to the group of medicine used in medical abortions and post-delivery bleeding and also for benign gastric ulcer, blood loss, and breast cancer patients. Mifty Kit Tablet is a combination of two medicines, namely Misoprostol and Mifepristone. This combination works perfectly to block hormones required to maintain a healthy pregnancy, called progesterone, without this hormone, the lining of the uterus (womb) breaks down as it does during Menstruation & stops the growth of the pregnancy. This drug-induced abortion can be done up to your 10th week of pregnancy. This kit will make your uterus contract to push the pregnancy tissue out, and lead to a period or spotting. This kit must be used before 63days after the first day of your last period; this kit also works in the second trimester of pregnancy.
How to use
There are a few important things you need to consider while using this medical-induced abortion kit.
- You can start this course only after consulting your doctor, and this must be taken before 63 days, after the 1st day of the last period.
- In this kit, you have to take Mifepristone orally while Misoprostol tablet vaginally.
- The dose and duration of this course will be solely advised by the doctor.
Uses and benefits
Mifty kit is mainly used for medical abortion, you must take this medicine as prescribed. This medicine can also be used for High blood sugar levels, and it should be consumed with food, this tablet should not be chewed, break or crushed.
Missed Dose or Over Dose
If somehow you forget to take the tablet, take it as soon as you remember; But if it a time for your next dose, then don’t take two doses at a time. As it requires a dose to terminate the pregnancy so it won’t be a problem. Overdose of the kit may be a problem-causing scenario, if somehow you happen to overdose, seek medical help as soon as possible.
How Mifty Kit Tablet works
The kit of Mifty contains 5 tablets comprising of two salts named, Mifepristone and Misoprostol. These two elements work hand in hand to cause medical-induced abortion. Mifepristone blocks the effect of progesterone, a natural hormone required to maintain a healthy pregnancy. As this hormone will be blocked by the Mifepristone, the lining of the uterus will be shed and cause bleeding in the same way we observe in menstruation. Misoprostol is a synthetic salt that is a potent inhibitor of gastric acid; it contracts the uterus and causes cramps in the stomach, and helps the cervix to dilate. After completing the dose the pregnancy will be sucked out of the uterus.
Side-Effects of Mifty kit include Nausea, Vomiting, Excessive bleeding, Stomach Cramps, Headache, weakness, and severe back pain. These symptoms will fade away in a few days. If you experience any of these symptoms after 10 days, immediately consult the doctor and seek help.
These are a few points you need to take care of while consuming this medicine:
- This medicine must not be consumed with alcohol.
- If you are pregnant for more than 63 days and wish to continue the pregnancy, then you must not consume this medicine, but if somehow you consumed it and experience and discomfort, consult your doctor immediately
- If you are a breastfeeding mother, and you should not consume this medicine as it may cause severe health repercussions to the newly born.
- You should not take this medicine if you are supposed to be driving in a couple of hours, as it may decrease alertness and makes you feel sleepy and dizzy
- This kit must be consumed carefully if you have any condition/disease with a Kidney. Consult your doctor, so that they can adjust the dosage for you according to your health condition.
- Mifty Kit Tablet must be taken with care if a patient is having a history of liver disease. Consult your doctor so that they can adjust your dosage level.